MRS. HALIMATU A. TURAKI
She started her career as a Legal Officer at the National Maritime Authority and later served as Solicitor at Crystal Chambers before joining the Federal Ministry of Justice. She was also an Assistant Legal Adviser of the Nigeria Customs Service.
Her role is the Executive Head and Chief Accounting Officer of the Body of Benchers.
• Renders Financial Accounting returns to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
• Ensures that Rules, Regulations and Procedures of the Body are adhered to according to stipulated law
• Ensures that management and financial controls are put I place
• Ensures prudence in collection and expenditure of all revenue
• Ensure personal appearance before the public Account Committee
• Receives petition from the public
• Keeps records and seal of the Body
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the Chairman Body of Benchers from time to time
• Supervise all the unit of the Secretariat
• Secretary to all the committees of the Secretariat
• Secretary to all the committees of the Body (this can be delegated).